Chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot chocolate sauce is an all-time favorite dessert. It is the dessert that my husband orders almost every time when we eat out. It is an absolute yum dish with contrasting hot and cold temperatures from chocolate sauce and ice cream. A spoonful of hot brownie with melting ice cream and hot chocolate sauce just takes you into dessert heaven!!!!
I set out to recreate this dessert at home and it turned out pretty good (thats just my modesty 😛 It turned out fantastic!!!!! 😀 )
My dad is a vegetarian so I wanted to make eggless version of the brownie. From my previous experiences I knew that for an eggless cake the combination of oil, hot water, milk and curd works best. But all the recipes that I found online either lacked one of those ingredients or substituted it with some other ingredient. So I adapted the recipes I found online and modified it to contain the ingredients of my choice.
If you are a first time baker or learning to bake by yourself (which is awesome!!!!!) then go through my blog on Basics of baking. It will help you to avoid some silly mistakes that jeopardize the quality of cake.
5-6 portions of cake depending on the cut size.
- All purpose flour/Maida- 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 1 cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1 Tbsp
- Cold Milk- 1/2 cup
- Hot water- 1/2 cup
- Cooking Oil- 1/2 cup
- Curd- 2 Tbsp
Optional- Walnuts, Chocochips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Using proper measuring cups, measure all the dry ingredients and sift them into a large bowl. Mix them together and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk hot water and oil till they get well combined and keep it aside to cool. Once it cools down, add milk, curd and vanilla essence.
- Now, add the liquid mixture (From Step 3) to the dry ingredients (From Step 2) and fold in the batter till the ingredients gets mixed properly. Do not over mix, as the cake might get dense. If required, you can add walnuts, chocochips or tuti-fruities to this batter.
- Take a 8 inches square cake tin and apply oil on all its sides. Now sprinkle some flour over this such that it covers the whole tin. Turn the tin upside down and tap it gently to remove any excess flour. Additionally, line the base of tin with butter paper or baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and bake it for 25-35mins at 160 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once its baked, take the brownie out of the oven and keep it aside to cool.
- You can relish this brownie as is or you can have it the way I had: Cut small rectangular pieces of the brownie and heat it in oven for 10-20secs. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it and pour warm delicious chocolate sauce over it.
Before baking this brownie, I did quite a lot of trial and error with my basic cake recipes. So experimenting with the ingredients for this one was pretty easy. If you are a first time baker, I would suggest stick to some standard recipes and then go ahead experimenting.
If you try this recipe, do let me know how it turned out for you! Meanwhile, I will keep experimenting with my cooking and share my experiences with you 😀 .
Please like/leave you comments on this blog in the comments section and hit the follow button to know more about my cooking experiments. 😀